What’s For Lunch?
I have a lot of people ask me about what I feed the boys. Does it take more time? Is it more expensive? Where do you get the stuff to make it? How do you get them to like it? Why do you do it? And so on and so forth. As a matter of fact a couple of Tiago’s friends parents have jokingly (I think) offered to pay me to make lunches for their kids. Here is what is in Tiago’s lunch today. We used to have a super cute lunch box but accidentally put it on top of our toaster oven while cooking something and now it is ruined. Today I put all of these items on the table to snap a pic. James says, “wait” comes over, rearranges them and then says, “Look, it is a food pyramid”. Thanks for the contribution Hubbs.
* On the bottom left is a half a piece of raisin cinnamon Ezekiel bread with a little bit of almond butter
* To the right is pineapple
* To the right of that is a greens and squash puree similar to the one I made in a previous post
* Up from that are some black beans I meade in the crock pot with a dollop (love this word) of salsa
* Top middle is a bit of brown rice, broccoli, peas, and green beans
* Then under that is avacado (Tiago would eat it all day everyday if I let him)
Everyday lunch is different. I have a huge amount of items in my arsenal these days. What you don’t see here is meat. No we are not forcing T-man to be a vegetarian, but we have chosen to wait until he is closer to two to introduce meat proteins to him. Soon, and very soon! It may look like a lot of food, but the containers come home empty every day and I know his food is actually doing what it is supposed to….NOURISHING HIM! I will cover some of the other questions in future blogs, be looking for one on how much we spend on groceries and where we buy what. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment.