What is Life Coaching?
So I am back in school. Why? Great question. When we moved down here the main intention was for James to get his doctorate in chiropractic at Life University. I was not planning on going to school. However, when we got here I began to feel this stirring inside of me to go back to school, but I did not know what for. One day I sat down and searched Life’s website and stumbled upon a page about their associate degree in life coaching. I became overwhelmed with excitement. My sweet friend Joanna had told me about life coaching months before and piqued my interest. When I read the description on the page I knew it was something I wanted to do. Now that I am 5 months in to my schooling I am even more sure that it is right for me. I AM LOVING IT! So, what is life coaching? I don’t know about you, but when I hear the word “coach” I have a lot of mental pictures that pop into my mind. It often makes me think of my gym coach in middle school who was so unhealthy that his shirt was always covered in sweat and it took him five minutes to walk the length of the basketball coach. Or I think of my sweet high school swim coach, who though was in her 70’s was great at helping us set goals and get mentally prepare for competition. I know a lot of people think of football or basketball coaches barking orders from the sidelines.
Life Coaching is motivational, inspiring, positive, challenging, exciting and action driven. Life coaching helps you look at where you are now and where you’d like to be, then helps you find the most efficient way to get there. By raising awareness and encouraging you to take responsibility for your life, life coaching can help you rise to your own particular challenge and go further than you ever thought possible. Life coaching can aid in you dream bigger, and actually working towards seeing them become reality.
So, is this magic? Does the Life Coach just wave a magic wand and make everything incredible? Sadly no, and it has to be said, that coaching certainly involves a lot of commitment. However, if you are ready for change in your life, the benefits can be enormous.
The Benefits of Having a Life Coach
* You can talk to your coach about your challenges with someone who’s not going to interrupt you, make judgments , criticize you, or offer opinions based on their own experience.
* If you’re feeling negative and lacking in motivation or confidence, your coach will help you challenge limiting assumptions and beliefs you may be holding, about the situations you find yourself in that are slowing you making progress.
* Life coaching will give you the space and time to think through your circumstances and options.
* You can use your life coach as a sounding board for all of your ideas, like your business plan, what to put in a presentation, how to have a successful interview, how to repair a relationship, how to start a new hobby, your new fitness regime; the list is endless.
* If you’ve lost direction, your coach will help you to focus by setting you some highly effective exercises designed to help you identify what you’d like to have, be and do.
* Your coach will help you discover your true values, and help make sure you are honoring them.
*Everything you say will be in total confidence.
*Your coach will offer suggestions if it is appropriate and something you would welcome.
So, as you can see coaching can be beneficial to anyone. I am currently taking clients. I meet with some over the phone and some I meet face to face. If you are interested in meeting with me feel free to e-mail me at Abbyrex@gmail.com. I also, know many other amazing life coaches that I could hook you up with.
Andrew (feel free to share it with your girlfriend too)
James drew the name for me. Stay tuned for more giveaways! I LOOOOOVE giving stuff away.